The Pyrenees---Southern France

The Pyrenees---Southern France

Wednesday, March 9, 2022

It's a Dog's Life

SOL #8 (should be #9) See below to find out what the Slice of Life Challenge is.

I jacked up my knee a couple of weeks ago. Finally, I don't have to gingerly walk down the steps, two week on each step. Finally, I could take Radar for a walk in the park instead of into the backyard for a game of fetch.

It's so nice to get to smell new, different smells. The smells in our backyard? Too familiar. The smells in the park? New and exciting.


                                                                      image by Pixabay

Saliva pooled along his gums, he was so excited. 

Dogs. They have such lessons to teach us. Lessons like:

  • Savor the moment. The next minute might not be as fun as right now is. The evening might be unpleasant or boring... but right now, there's joy.
  • Keep your head swiveling. All dogs constantly turn their heads in a million directions every minute, so they don't miss anything. My dog is ADD, just like every male in my immediate family, and when he's on a walk he's on high alert for other dogs, the really big dogs by the park (AKA horses), the chickens by the park, and any people (especially children) who are there for the sole purpose of admiring him. As crazy as it drives me, it is a good idea to change your perspective regularly, so you don't miss something cool.
  • Ask for what you want. Nobody's petting you? Bark. Nobody's paying attention to you? Tap a paw with nails that need to be trimmed twice. Over and over, until a hand reaches out and strokes you. Ask... the worst that can happen is you'll get a no.
And again, it's almost midnight. If I don't finish this now, it'll get posted with tomorrow's date... and I'll be behind again.




5 comments:

  1. Pssst... I'm only telling you this secret because you're a jacked-up-knee buddy. You can cheat by changing the date your blog post will publish, and nobody will know! Not that you would cheat, of course, but I'M a cheater, and that's the lesson I'm sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Luna is currently staring as I type this wondering why the f we haven't left for our walk yet. Such demanding and cute, little jerks they are!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the way you perfectly shared a puppy's perspective. So true!

    Glad your knee is doing better. Knees and backs. They're the ones that seem to creak and groan the most.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Please bring Radar to the retreat this weekend. I love him just from your stories and pictures. I love that big sniffy nose!I like the idea of dog lessons and want to read even more! Wouldn't this be a great picture book, too?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Radar looks so kissable! Try Diclofenac for the knee pain. It is over the counter and it works wonders on mine.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. I appreciate you taking the time to stop by...